Hello and Welcome


Hello and welcome to my little piece of blog-land where I share my cards and other crafty stuff I do.

Thanks for looking, Lorry :o) xx

Sunday 24 February 2013

SCIC #63 Entry

I have had a bit of a break lately, I received a random rather unpleasant email slagging off my cards and saying that 5-6 years olds could do much better. This knocked me back for a bit and puzzled me slightly as I'm not even sure who this person is or how they got hold of one of my cards, must have been from one of the charities I give them to as I don't sell them myself. Anyway, I had to remind myself why I made cards in the first place – as an escape and a bit of me time from looking after my autistic son, not to make money or please the masses, it's just my therapy!

Enough of the moaning and time to get back on the horse, so to speak. I am entering this card into the Stampin' Celebration Inspiration Challenge #63.

Thanks for looking and happy crafting, Lorry :o) xx


Here is the sketch



And here is my effort




Ingredients:
Stamps: Feeling Sentiments and Clockworks from Stampin' Up! and Happy Birthday from Art Impressions. 
BG paper: Plain paper from my stash.
Embellishments: Liquid Pearls from Ranger in Bisque and embroidery thread from my stash.


5 comments:

  1. What an awful email to receive Lorraine! Im sure the sender wouldnt know where to begin when making a card! Im always inspired by your cards and this one is no exception! Keep up the good work! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry you received such a disheartening email. That is just crazy! Card making is definitely a creative outlet and should only bring you JOY! :) This card is gorgeous! The neutral tones are great and I love the thread. I'm glad you joined us over at Stampin' Celebration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. There are always those sad miserable people out there who need company, you just need to decide not to allow them to ply in your sand box... Your card is beautiful! I love how you interpreted this sketch and the leather trim looks awesome! Great job and thanks for playing at SC!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sorry to hear that you had a 'run in' with a rude person. :-( This is a fabulous card! I love how you combined these two stamp sets, and your accessories add just the right (but not too much) touch to a masculine card. Thanks for playing along with us at Stampin' Celebration!

    ReplyDelete
  5. There are always those people who TRY to make you feel down, but we need to look past them and carry on!! What a great card! I like how you flipped the sketch and made it yours!! Thanks for playing at the Stampin' Celebration site this month! Hope to see you back next month!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, it means a lot to me.
Lorry :o) xx