Hello and Welcome


Hello and welcome to my little piece of blog-land where I share my cards and other crafty stuff I do.

Thanks for looking, Lorry :o) xx

Monday 20 June 2016

I'm back with a plan and a 'Markers on Monday' #1 card


Hello there,

I'm back after a mega long blogging break and ready to get back on the metaphorical horse, pull my finger out and start crafting properly again.

I never really stopped crafting while I was away but I just sort of dabbled with it, a bit here, a bit there but I'm ready to get back into it.

At the beginning of the year I picked a word for 2016 to help inspire me, that word was 'Productive', and now, 6 months later I am finally starting to put that word into practice, properly!

To help me get back in the swing of things I decided to become a bit more organised and plan out my blog posts to give me a deadline to work to, I find I work better under a bit of pressure.

I also came up with some blog post titles to structure things a bit, to challenge myself and give me a bit of a theme so, Markers on Monday, Two Card Tuesday, Watercolour Wednesday, Three of a Kind Thursday, Freestyle Friday, Switch it up Saturday and Stash Kit Sunday were born. I am going to split these into 2 groups and work on a 2 week rotation so I have a proper schedule for my posting and hopefully this structure will help me to be more 'Productive' – that's the plan so watch this space!

To get the ball rolling again I made this card for my 'Markers on Monday' personal promp/challenge type thing, the idea is to make a card with any element that uses, you guessed it, markers.

I recently took the Kit and Clowder Elements of Nature colouring class run by the very talented Alyce Keegan. This helped me to rekindle my love of markers, it also, unfortunately for my bank balance made me realise that I had some very large blending gaps in my pen collection, and that I wanted to swop from Flex and Promarkers to Copics. Don't get me wrong I do love those other markers and they have served me well for a good few years but I just love the nibs of the Copics, the blending groups aren't so hit and miss, plus you can change the nibs if needed. Anyway enough waffle from me (sorry for such a long post) here is the card.

Thanks for looking, Lorry :o) xx











No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, it means a lot to me.
Lorry :o) xx